View Single Post
Old
02-29-2012, 09:41 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

vCash: 500
So last night was, uh, interesting around here?

Anyway, as for the game; an expected *** kicking. I thought the team as whole played well at times but soon after that the Kings seemed to put one home relatively easily and more or less shoved it down the team's throat. And that happened in multiple different stretches. Then both teams went into pack it in mode. Glad I left after the second.

As for Gilbert, he had a rough go of it. Especially early. After two different turnovers in the neutral zone by the forwards, he was caught being lazy by not pressing up the ice. When he tried to make up for that and close his gap at the blue line, he was easily blown by. Those two plays were my biggest issue with him. He did settle in and play better as the game went on but, meh, we'll see. As for the goal he was out there for, that's not at all on him. Scandella needs to make a better (and quicker) decision there as you can see what happens when you turn it over in a scenario like that.

I will say this, I'm not as big of Palmieri fan as some are. He's got some size and his top gear is pretty strong for his frame but I just don't see a lot there. Especially in terms of hockey sense and hands. To me it's a tad like watching Gillies play. He can skate with the puck better but I just don't see the decision making. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, though.

Rough, rough game for Falk. This kid can find some sort of consistency any day now.

Pretty sure the "fourth line" has now become the team's third line.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote