View Single Post
Old
02-29-2012, 10:02 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Palmieri could be like Gillies, but so far I've seen him actually be somewhat of a threat. Haven't seen enough plays with the puck to call him a top sixer, but I think he can be a good big forward who can crash the net on the 3rd/4th line. Certainly another thing the team needs.

The Gilbert goal wasn't as bad as it seemed. Scandella was expecting him to cover the backdoor while Gilbert was expecting (the better play) of reversing it behind the net. Systems and communication aren't there yet. It sucks, but not indicative of future disaster. If that play happens again in October, I'll be upset.
Further on the Gilbert point, Yeo noticed the bad communication/chemistry between Gilbert and Scandella and immediately flipped back to the Scandella-Spurgeon pairing because they know where the other will be all the time.

LA's "offensive outburst" wasn't nearly as "dominant" as the score indicates. The first goal was a fluke deflection. A pure garbage goal where it's hard to put much blame on anyone. The second goal was a "pre-season game" type miscommunication. Blame Scandella for the bad touch on the puck, but he thought Gilbert would do one thing and Gilbert thought Scandella would do another. The third goal Falk (it was Falk and not Foster right?) couldn't decide where to go and got caught in no-man's land against Kopitar and Brown somehow squeezed a pass through an opening maybe half an inch larger than the puck. I don't remember the fourth goal too clearly because I had started doing other things with just the game on in the background at that point.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote