View Single Post
Old
02-29-2012, 10:23 AM
PJStock*

vCash: 500
The chances of the Flyers missing the playoffs

I'd say the chances of the Flyers not making the playoffs are actually a lot greater than many people believe. With their current pattern of alternating one win and one loss, they would finish with 95 points. I believe that was about the same amount the 8th seed had last year? With the way the playoff race is shaping out to be, Washington, Winnipeg (who have a lot of home games left) and Toronto will all be desperate to make the 8th seed. The Flyers have not shown much desperation lately, and are perhaps too confident that they will make the playoffs. But a losing skid here or there in the last 20 games, with Winnipeg and Washington winning games and things could get pretty ugly. Other teams are clamping down defensively at the moment, and you are seeing the end result for Philly. They simply can't play that kind of hockey with their current personnel.

I think the chances they miss out are about 60% at the moment. This is simply a mediocre hockey team that was performing way above it's expectations and outscoring it's problems while other teams were not playing tight.