View Single Post
Old
02-29-2012, 12:33 PM
GhettoHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Rinks View Post
I get that logic - and understand it. Here's the thing though - you need to have a "moneyball" mindset for playoff success in this NHL.

You need 3-5 players playing on cheap, entry level contracts to produce.

If this team is 5 years away from making a legitimate stanley cup run, then this was the year to get those picks. Losing any of those 4 players would not make our team significantly worse (when you compare their replacements (frattin, kadri, colborne, franson/holzer).

Burke keeps chanting that we're building a contender and not a a team to get blown out - but why not put money where his mouth is? Are any of those 4 players core pieces moving on? Schenn was supposed to be, but how long do you wait? Grabo, sure, at the right price he could be your 2nd center.
Like i said before selling low on kulemin would not make sense here i bet that first rounder was a high 20's team... just wouldnt make sense going forward here.... give him a shot at a bounce back year and hopefully a part of a tougher 3rd line going forward. In regards to Schenn, hes a core piece going forward and hes a young defender who will mature into a solid player give him more faith. Grabo is a lock going forward for me good solid 2 way player if it was a high pick in the draft I mighta reconsidered but i doubt that was the offer! MacArthur is expendable

GhettoHockey is offline   Reply With Quote