View Single Post
Old
02-29-2012, 11:41 AM
ts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
We shouldn't trade Kule or Schenn for a 1st round pick because I think they're more valuable than that but as I was saying at the deadline, Leafs definitely should have traded MacArthur in this seller's market and maybe even Grabo. Leafs were falling and it was another tough schedule rest of the way and Colborne, Kadri needed some playing time.

But I can understand keeping Grabo if you feel you can re-sign him but MacArthur? Definitely should have traded him.
That's my take on that as well.

All in all I'm not a fan of tanking but perhaps we could have turned two assets into new assets and gain two roster spots for the future in the process. Maybe we could have used that picks llater to move up in the draft.
Grabo I would have traded if I felt I have only little chance to sign hin to a resonable contract. Probably Burke thinks contract talks will be fine so he did'nt sell him and I'm ok with that. Mac on the other hand is a player I would have sold for a definite 2nd with the chance of turning that into a conditional first without any doubt. Just not a big fan of his play (yes i know he's on pace for 20-25 goals again but still). But as I don't know what the conditions were I won't blame Burke and act as if I know anything better than him.

ts is offline   Reply With Quote