View Single Post
Old
02-29-2012, 11:53 AM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

vCash: 500
My honest thoughts...

A first for Clarke MacArthur and Burke turned it down?... big mistake.

Clarke is not a core piece of this leafs team, nor should he be considered one. I figure his value at a 2nd or a late first... if you got offered that, take it and run.

Grabovski really depends... if Burke fully intends to sign Grabovski, than trading him is stupid... However if you do not sign Grabovski and he leaves via UFA, than not retaining assets is obviously a blunder... again, if you have to sign Grabovski to a contract that pays him 5 million + cap hit per year... I think trading him for a 1st would have been best.

Kulemin I am 50/50 on.... because he is RFA, and has had a down year... I believe you can sign him for 2-3 years at a very reasonable cap hit. If he finds his game from last year, than it's a steal. Not trading Kulemin was a good idea, unless it was a 1st rounder + in order to get overpayment, no point in trading.

I would hope more than just a 1st was offered for Schenn and what team as well... I wouldn't trade Schenn for a 1st straight up, he is better packaged to bring in a #1 center if your trading him...

Just my thoughts, you guys should have at least gotten 1 more 1st rounder in trading Clarke MacArthur... Grabovski is 50/50 on whether or not to trade (depends on July 1st)... Personally, having 3 first rounders in a very deep draft so maybe moving Grabovski would have made sense.

Either way, I think you should have gotten at least one 1st rounder to help the team for the long haul.

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote