2012-2013 Sharks Roster analysis
View Single Post
02-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SF/Bay Area
I love these threads, too. My lineup below.
1. All potential FAs (UFAs/RFAs) perform at their current level or slightly better in the playoffs. I'm not assuming gigantic leaps in production.
Patrick Marleau ($6.900m) / Joe Thornton ($7.000m) / Joe Pavelski ($4.000m)
Ryane Clowe ($3.625m) / Logan Couture ($2.875m) / Martin Havlat ($5.000m)
Daniel Winnik ($1.800m) / Dominic Moore ($1.500m) / T.J. Galiardi ($0.850m)
Brad Winchester ($0.825m) / Andrew Desjardins ($0.650m) / Tommy Wingels ($0.650m)
Handzus buyout ($0.833m) / James Sheppard ($0.700m)
Marc-Edouard Vlasic ($3.100m) / Dan Boyle ($6.666m)
Douglas Murray ($2.500m) / Brent Burns ($5.760m)
Justin Braun ($0.900m) / Brad Stuart ($3.333m)
Jason Demers ($1.250m)
Antti Niemi ($3.800m) / Thomas Greiss ($0.587m)
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,105,500; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): -$805,500
1. Really bolster our d with Stuart. It'll take about $3-3.5m AAV for 3-4 yrs to get him, I think. Go read the Trade board or the Wings board for comments on his market value.
2. Moore: he's at $1.1m AAV, $1.5m AAV / 2 years is a very nice raise.
3. Winnik: using Talbot as a comp (fair?), $1.8m AAV / 3-4 yrs is a solid deal.
4. Galiardi gets the "prove me" 1 yr deal but with a slight raise.
5. Braun gets the 1 yr prove me deal as well. I could budge and do 2 yrs though.
6. The remaining FAs get reasonable bumps on 1 yr deals - Winchester, Wingels, Sheppard and Desi.
7. Goodbye White, Ferriero, Mitchell and Vandy.
8. Handzus bought out for $833K (over 2 seasons).
I love this lineup - more continuity, a better D with Stuart and one of the best 3rd lines we've had since the 03-04 team.
View Public Profile
Gilligans Island's albums
Find More Posts by Gilligans Island