View Single Post
Old
02-29-2012, 02:04 PM
BUX7PHX

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihekah19 View Post
I've been quite pleased with the performance of both thus far. I wouldn't go so far as to say Summers has earned a spot for next season, but I thought he wasn't quite ready when brought up and he's proved me wrong. As for Stone, I always felt he'd make it, but he's well ahead of where I would have put him, at this point and continues to grow with this call up.
Summers has earned a roster spot for next year, IMO. At worst, I thought that we were getting someone for the 5/6 pairing. Summers actually has the potential to log the 3/4 minutes, but the problem (if this is really considered a problem)is that we have several D who can play those types of minutes.

Summers has looked very impressive, especially working down low in the corners. He really bodies players off very well. The first time I noticed it was the game against TB. As we started the comeback, Summers was really effective against Stamkos. He's continues that trend against players like the Sedins and others b/c he is a very good skater, with more offense than people realize (due to injuries, he had to play forward for Michigan his freshman year). I would rather keep Summers than Schlemko going forward, but I am also the guy who is in favor of trading Yandle for the right deal...

BUX7PHX is offline   Reply With Quote