View Single Post
Old
02-29-2012, 02:10 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
And he's getting sell-out after sell-out to watch a team flounder at the bottom fo the standings. Not a big deal.

I'd happily have the ire of the fans because I dealt an impending UFA. It's not like the fans are happy with Gauthier not dealing Moen. They will be equally unhappy when Moen walks for free during free agency.

The fans were also disgruntled when we traded our top prospect for Gomez. Every decision is liked or hated by a sizeable proportion of your fan base. That's the given in a big market. You have to make a plan and stick with it. I'd have a plan that ensured that no matter what, unless my team is a real legitimate contender, I'm making sure my UFA's are signed, have a strong interest in re-signing and we're close to the deal, or I'm moving them for value at the deadline.
We'll see if the team keeps selling out next year if this keeps up.

As for Moen not a good point since we are in last place and are talking about teams that don't suck. I agree you have to have a plan and stick to it but you also will have a boss and you will have to answer to him when you miss the playoffs.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote