View Single Post
Old
02-29-2012, 02:11 PM
KRM

vCash: 500
October is the busiest month of the SEL regular season, so if you're lucky there's a game in town, otherwise you can catch it at a sports bar, and many regular bars too.

Personally I like to try the local cuisine at a high class restaurant when I'm abroad. If you're in to that I can recommend a couple really good places.

Yea there are some really big sports stores, but they are located out in the perimeter areas (Sisjön, Bäckebol), so you need a car. There's also a store called Pro Hockey Shop, close to Bäckebol.

Touristy stuff: Liseberg, it's still open that weekend. Universeum is a pretty cool science centre with a huge rainforest and aquarium. There are many good museums, museum of world culture, the city museum, maritime museum and aquarium, the Maritiman ship museum (they have a submarine you can enter), natural history museum, röhsska design museum, volvo museum. If the weather is good you can take a sightseeing tour on the canals, takes about an hour and they have guides that speak english and german. Skansen Kronan is a popular tourist attraction, you can also go to Ramberget on Hisingen, it's the city's best lookout spot.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote