Thread: Speculation: 2012-2013 Sharks Roster analysis
View Single Post
Old
02-29-2012, 02:37 PM
OrrNumber4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
What I see is that Wingels is very capable of fulfilling a 4th line role, but being a very able and versatile top 6 substitute for short periods of time. I could see him as a regular 4th liner while being held in reserve.

Out of curiosity, have you heard of any interest in Stuart by the Sharks? Not interest from Stuart in returning of which we are all aware.
DW was disappointed in Stuart in the '06 season, and DW tends not to pursue players who have already worn the Sharks uniform. That said, Stuart is pratically a different player today.

I have heard nothing specifically about DW desiring Stuart. I know that DW is tremendously confident in his prospect pool of defenseman. The intention being that Boyle-Murray-Burns-Vlasic are the core. Doherty, Demers or Braun would be taking Boyle's spot, Sefton, Petrecki or Wrenn would be taking Murray's spot. There are, of course, other prospect D-men who could surprise...

I imagine it would be like SJ re-signing Ian White. It would be for fewer dollars and a reduced role; #4/5 vs #2/3...

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote