View Single Post
Old
02-29-2012, 03:58 PM
hbk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
Should be....but I seem to remember a lot of criticism when the recent scouting staff changes were made. I have no issues with their 'overall' draft production. Unfortunately they drafted a bunch of moral-midget forwards with some of their high draft picks who ran from hard work and/or turned their back on the organization. But overall the draft picks from the previous scouting team were above average IMO. You can look at the entire body of work, or like a lot seem to do, just focus on a few questionable picks and lambast the scouting group over those picks if you want.

If you want to see real bad drafting, it's in the Booby Smith era...the era that is more responsible than any other for setting the organization back 10 years. Fortunately we're finally benefitting from picks made after Booby was canned as GM.
Yeah... I wrote a lot of nasty articles about Scott Kelman, Patrick Desrochers, and Dan Focht during that time.

We canned an entire scouting department on the basis of the 2004 draft that in hindsight was actually very good. Of course that's the same scouting department that walked out in protest at the 2003 draft (when we dealt all of our early picks).

I listened to the Rick Knickle interview again last night. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote