View Single Post
Old
02-29-2012, 03:11 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Actually, it's pretty genius to be playing run and gun hockey. Everyone gets into the lineup, everyone gets ice time and more important, the first year players get acclimated to the game much quicker. When it comes time to clamp down, the chances are there won't be a revolt like there was under Hitchcock. Remember that revolt that took place? Exactly. I think Laviolette has done something smart by keeping the environment loose and fun for the first year players and I'm sure some of the veterans are enjoying the run and gun that's being used. The only reason it looks so bad is because nobody expected Bryzgalov to be as terrible as he has been.
The only reason it looks bad is because it is bad.

I think you're reaching. There are 60 minutes in a game whether you play pond hockey or a lock. Getting rookies acclimated to an irresponsible brand of hockey makes no sense. Veterans want to win, not relive their olden days of shinny at the local rink.

If the "system" isn't winning games against good teams because of Bryzgalov well then it is the coach's job to adapt.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote