View Single Post
Old
02-29-2012, 04:56 PM
Zil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Getting nothing when you trade a first round draft pick is squandering a pick. Fact, they didn't add value to the organization. The rest is semantics.

The Jessiman was absolutely a bad pick. He was regarded as a project when he was picked at a time then the Rangers had to draft somebody that would play for them.

To the Montoya pick, the fact is he didn't add value to the organization either as a pick or as trade bait. The rest is semantics.
How is it semantics to separate drafting from trading and signing free agents? They're different actions. You can't fault the drafting for a bad trade. Context is not semantics. Who was available in the draft is not semantics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I gave them a pass on Blackburn and Charepanov. That doesn't explain getting nothing from Montoya, Korpikoski and Sanguinetti. And my point is that while they have definitely drafted better of late, their record in the first round is still marginal at best especially when you look at the likes of the Flyers and the Ducks. I don't think I ever knocked them for not having 100% success rate.
That line was pretty clearly about you zeroing in on the Lafleur pick and their trend of overall post-first round success.

Zil is online now   Reply With Quote