View Single Post
Old
02-29-2012, 07:14 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
I would like the sens to sign Harry Zolniercyzk's former teammate at Brown Ujiversity, Jack Maclellan.

{From http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=869552

by poster leoleo3535

“Our best player, night in and night out,” says Whittet, who, like most everyone else in the U.S. hockey world, is wowed by Jack Maclellan’s offensive output this winter. “Our most complete player, our most skilled player, our most diligent guy. A competitor, a fierce competitor. He’s a coach’s dream. A creative guy, a wizard with the puck, sees the ice very, very well.

“A hell of a player and a wonderful kid.”

"This transformation occurred in a hurry. Nearly as quickly, National Hockey League bird-dogs have picked up the scent.

“Well, Jack’s got a lot of interest,” Whittet says. “Not a lot of guys have his skill-set. He’s an elite-level player, in terms of that skill . . . and there is a lot of buzz about him because he is (an NHL) free agent. A pretty hot commodity. I’m hearing different things around the rink.

“There may be some teams that would like him to leave (college before graduating). It’ll be interesting to see what happens, post-season, in terms of what angles the pro guys may be taking.”

Maclellan is happy to hear that his sterling play is dragging big-league scouts to the eastern side of the continent. But that, he swears, was never the intent."

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...#ixzz1Ca9eINhI }

The Calgary Herald link doesn't work any more so I quoted the poster.

I like that fact that he is considered gritty and a fierce competitor while also being an offensive wizard. He seems like a guy that would fit nicely into our prospect pool.

I would also be interested in signing JT Brown and Scott Zurevinski, as well as Rich Manely, although he may want to continue his NCAA career.

From the CHL, I would be interested in signing Nick Czinder and Mike Halmo.
This Jack guy sounds very interesting, are any of these other guys defencemen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
I remember some 6"8 defenseman or close to that tall getting some hype earlier in the year. I can't for the life of me remember his name though, hell it might have already been mentioned and i didnt notice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Jacob View Post
Andrej Sustr?
This would be a nice prospect to have for Ottawa & a defenceman which they could use more of.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote