View Single Post
Old
02-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Head Goose
Doing Less Better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8Dan View Post
With Time warner prices going sky high and Direct tv and Dish network not having fox sports carolinas in a package that is over priced, is there an alternate way to watch games?

If I watch games on the internet through a paid service like nhl.com, will they black out home games? Will they show all games even with different broadcasts?

I need to know because I'm about to cancel my cable and don't have many options as to watch games on FSN Carolinas or NBC sports.
Gamecenter Live (off the NHL's website) blacks out all games involving the Hurricanes for those that live in the broadcasting region of Fox Sports Carolinas. It doesn't even let you select the option of viewing the other team's broadcast. The only exception to this rule is the games that are not televised by FSC, which you can watch the opposing team's broadcast for.

If you're willing to put up with questionable quality, you can usually find the games on random video streaming sites on the internet. They work, you sometimes get the Canes' crew, but it's a crapshoot about what quality stream you'll get.

EDIT: I combined both Dubinchuk and LazyKing's posts into one super-post, and I'm less than two minutes behind them. I win.

Head Goose is offline   Reply With Quote