View Single Post
Old
02-29-2012, 07:34 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Pens fan here. Good luck tonight. Hopefully no injuries for either side.

Just want to chime in on a few things...

Neal has been in a slight goal scoring slump lately. He's been picking up some assists though because Malkin is in beast mode like usual. We are mostly a 1 line team. Staal has been on fire lately though. Gotta watch out for him.

It's interesting to get an opposing teams view. I can't say I agree with the assessment of Fleury. I actually think the opposite. I think Fleury is underrated and our defense is overrated. People just look at the names and think the Pens D is great, but Martin, Michalek and Orpik have had down seasons and while Letang is a stud, he was also hurt for a good while. Niskanen and Engelland have probably been our 2 most consistent D-Men. Fleury has probably made our D look better than it's really been this season and not the other way around.

As far as Kari vs. Fleury. I can see the argument for Kari. I saw him a bunch in the east during his days in Atlanta. He had size and serious talent, but couldn't stay healthy. Looks like he's had better luck with the injuries since coming to Dallas.
Never seen your defense play consistently, and all I saw for a good amount of games was in the SCFs. And your defense was a lot better back then, so I'm probably wrong there. But they're both great goalies.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote