View Single Post
Old
02-29-2012, 07:55 PM
sandysan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbencoyE View Post
Fighting happens after the whistle, so it's not part of the game.

Also, hockey is a global sport. International hockey has never allowed fighting. Hockey does not revolve around the NHL.

That said, I can see both sides of the debate in this scenario. Hockey Canada has every right and good reason to ban fighting, especially at the youth level where hockey is about development and not entertaining old drunks in the stands.
Can we please stop this characterization. The people who are pro fight dont go round insinuating that all of the anti fighing crowd are a bunch of effiminate pansies, so drop the notion that fights are to appease the bloodlust of the drunken vampire fans.

Ive seen fights happen where there were more people on the ice than in he stands, and if fighting were a real draw then teams that have attendance problems would goon it up. Ive watched my fair share of games and ive never complained about the lack of of fights but as long as the players want the option to self police ( andmake no mistake they do overwhelmingly) then that's good enough for me.