View Single Post
Old
01-31-2006, 03:43 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
I agree NMK. I am tired of setting our sights low. Its great and all to have a lot of 2nd/3rd line checkers making extremely low salaries....but I want extreme talent. We have that in Vokoun. We have that in Kariya....Sullivan is right there on the edge, and with the new rules probably is....We don't have that anywhere on defense. If we want to win this conference, we need a no. 1 defensemen and we need him to lay down the law on the ice. Chara would certainly fit that bill. Sure every team in the league is going to want him...but how many teams will have the flexibility that we have? We are almost undoubtedly going to get the revenue sharing money, playoff money, increased attendance money. If we are going to go for somone, next year is probably that time. I also think we need to look at what assets we can move, and move them. Vokoun will be in the final year of his contract next year, as will Kariya and Walker. We are going to see salaries start to escalate, and we are not going to be able to afford the cheap, semi-talented depth that makes us such a good team.

If we aren't going to go for it this season, then I think we have to for the next off-season.

I think Boynton should come a bit cheaper than Kubina....although thats debateable. Maybe a 2nd rather than a roster player, along with a prospect like Glazachev. Then again, if Boston is in the race and are confident...they won't trade anyone.

Will the Kariya factor play a role into looking at one of Anaheim's defensemen?