View Single Post
Old
02-29-2012, 11:12 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Because he's a viable option for this team.

I don't understand why people are so sure of Parise re-signing, they apparently haven't even talked about an extension yet. With the financial situation in NJ, Parise becoming a UFA looks likelier and likelier. I also don't understand why people are so sure he wouldn't come here. If he gets his money, he'll easily sign here. Maybe not over Minnesota, but maybe they want Suter more? Either way, he's far from an impossible option, although I don't expect him to sign here.
Don't say that to the Devils fans, they will all hate you forever after their Marty Brodeur tighty-whities go into an untiable twist.

With that being said, I completely agree, but I don't know about Minnesota. Sure, they're his hometown team (he's from Faribault), but I don't think they're in a good position to compete for a cup even with him, and they're not a big budget team. They need help at center, if you ask me. P.M. Bouchard is constantly hurt, and Koivu has battled injuries. They also need help on defense. I think they go after Suter before Parise.