View Single Post
Old
03-01-2012, 12:37 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

vCash: 500
I have vivid memories of that period. While I loved Komi, he was "unpairable" with anyone but Markov. I think he formed a decent duo the next year with Hamrlik for a few game when Markov got injured or something... But thats the only time he looked good without Markov by his side.

Komisarek is the same player nowadays that he used to be. Give him 18-20 mins for 82 games and he'll be back at the top of the league in hits and blocked shots. But while facing mobile and active offense, if there isnt a good skater by his side, he'll look like a fool. Another thing is that Wilson figured he'd try to tap into his "offensive potential". At least that's what it felt like when I first saw him play with the Leafs. He was taking more shots and trying dekes and what not... That is absolutely not his game. He doesnt have the agility to recover from a mistake in the o-zone.

Emelin has shown more offensive flashes than Komi ever has as a Habs but thats not saying much. Komi might be a bit better at being a strictly defensive defenseman. But Emelin is a treat to watch and theres always hope he'll get better.

Its a close call. Komisarek played a game the Habs sorely needed back in the days, and so does Emelin now, hence, they are perceived/remembered as much more valuable as they actually are/were.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote