Thread: Mike Richards
View Single Post
Old
03-01-2012, 01:44 AM
Johnny Utah

vCash: 500
Let's get something straight here, it's not just a couple fans who are complaining about Richards play, Hammond did a piece about how Richards said he is struggling. Fox mentioned it on the air. Craig Button called him out last week. Matt Barry wrote a blog about him.

This is from a few weeks back.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...im-frustrated/

It's not just a few fans anymore.

I have supported the majority of Lombardi's moves since 2006. I just think he has made some piss poor decisions in the past year.

What exactly has Richards done? 1 big hit? 3 fights? 1 goal in 29 games? He didn't even factor in the last win...We gave up all that for this?

I just don't get it.

This is not what I expected. I don't understand how people compare Kopitar...he was a Kings draft pick...we didn't trade Schenn/Simmonds for him. If Richards was a draft pick of LA, I wouldn't be as mad, it's what we gave up and the timing of that really bothers me now. This is one of the most over hyped players I've seen wear a Kings jersey in awhile. Half of us knew Penner was trash and previous coaches had there issues with him, but Richards? I don't get it.

Oh and get off the line mate bandwagon. He has previously played with Nodl, Powe, Carcillo and Zherdev. Not exactly 1st liners...Three players who are 4th liners and one out of the NHL.