View Single Post
Old
03-01-2012, 07:22 AM
Alaskimo
Pesky Pesky...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
One quick and simple way around McGuinty's nonsense, don't sell tickets, sell merchandise.

Companies purchase Sens merchandise as give aways to their customers and as employee rewards, and the Sens give free tickets with every purchase.

Seriously though, this has very definite ramifications for the Sens. They currently have the lowest ticket prices in Canada, do not make a profit yearly, so being forced to drop ticket prices does probably spell the end of the team in Ottawa.
Good sir, you just secured my vote in the next election for whatever the hell position you would need to be in to make this happen.

Also, I'm fairly young and corporate ignorant but I know a lot of corporate seats are used to entertain prospective clients (My Uncle, for one, was damn near a season seat holder, plus good, big meals at an onsite or nearby upscale restaurant, etc.) if its gonna cost them much more to do so I'd assume they'd start finding other avenues to entertain their potential clientele...

And for those asking about where Melnyk would find a more welcoming market, there's one down the river so fanatical it filled our building a couple weeks ago...

I doubt Ottawa folds but I also doubt they get by unscathed... Just my $0.02.

Last edited by Alaskimo: 03-01-2012 at 07:31 AM.