View Single Post
Old
03-01-2012, 10:09 AM
tycoonheart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Hamrlik has been good actually under Hunter. Schultz..I agree with GMGM..by far the best he's ever played. He looks like a top 4 dman to me right now with no question. Love the sandpaper and the fact that he is using his size. His positioning and passing (for a big guy) has always been decent. And Erskine at #8 has always come thru in the playoffs. So yeah..we got lots of depth there.

Knuble would be starting for most teams and will for us again soon. Aucoin has never sucked and the little guy always comes to play.

All our goalies have struggled a bit this year from time to time but each and every one of them can turn it on at any second. Vokoun is a vet with a top save pctg in the league since the lockout. Neuvirth won back to back championships in one of the best leagues in the world outside the NHL. Holtby I have faith in in a pinch.

The main thing is that we are getting more from guys like Semin and Schultz which helps to cover for Backstrom's abscense. We are outhitting opponents on most nights which is shocking.

In a 7 game series this style of play will certainly wear down an opponent.

Have faith. Let's get into the playoffs and I think you'll be surprised.

The only complaint I had about Hunter (or the main one) is the Cap Trap. I never liked it with Wilson, Hanlon or BB. Its not only boring but isn't what this team is built for.

Now it seems we are on the attack alot more and not sitting back. I really started seeing it against the game vs the Sharks. But then when we went into Tampa and Carolina we just stayed back the whole game and predictably we lost those in ugly fashion.

We are starting to outshoot and outchance opponents in addition to outhit them. Lets see if this trend can continue.
Hell of a post, Bob. Props.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote