View Single Post
Old
03-01-2012, 12:35 PM
nrf83

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
I didn't want to start it's own thread, and not exactly sure where I should put it, so I decided to put it here!

An article on the main page is about the top college hockey non-drafted free agents and the NHL teams that may be interested. The article states that the Rangers have bene watching Jeremy Welsh from Union College. Pretty big guy at 6'3" 210lbs. Has 22 goals and 35 points as a junior in the ECAC. He plays center and LW and has a 60% faceoff winning percentage. Here is the description from the article:

"Welsh is a player that has the ability to dominant a game. He has size (6'3, 210 lbs); a pro-style shot, great net presence, and can finish plays exceedingly well. And it is those attributes that have gotten the attention of NHL teams. What makes Welsh so dangerous is his ability to capitalize on rebounds and deflections, where many of his goals have been scored. He utilizes his size, strength and reach to great advantage, particularly in tight areas."

Anyone have any info on this kid?

Here is the article: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article..._nhl_interest/
I'm confused on this article; does this mean all prospects listed in article are FA to be, or are they subject to the draft this June. Obviously if not selected the seniors can be FA, but what of the underclassmen