View Single Post
Old
03-01-2012, 03:12 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fader View Post
As a Canadian who travels to Florida regularly for games, I feel it would be a great addition to panthers games if more passion was shown. In Canada hockey is a religion, as is football in the southern states. It would make for a better game if there was big flags and louder crowds, but it will doubtfully reach that point because the culture is just not there. (Unfortunate for the ones who do love hockey who cant experience a "real game") IE. Sold out Bell Centre

On a side note, 17 players on the Panthers starting roster are Canadian, so why the hate for Canadian teams, Toronto has more Americans than any other team in the league I think
As you said, Hockey is Canada's passion, so like I didn't expect expo games to be like Yankee stadium I don't have unreasonable patriotic expectations here.

That said, hundreds of diehards had a blast serenading the habs fans as they sheepishly exited last game with god bless America, Et. Al.

On another note, one game recently the mike went out as the anthem singer sang, and the entire crowd sang the star spangled banner. It was awesome.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote