Thread: Datsyuk
View Single Post
Old
03-01-2012, 04:17 PM
silkyjohnson50*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
Next year do you think he can run the table?

Art Ross, Selke, Hart, Conn Smythe? He definitely has the tools, and with a full 82 game season I could see it for sure. Wings fans know he's the best in the league. Time he gets his due amongst the others.
I thought after last postseason that this season would be his best opportunity to win some regular season hardware. He was just coming off playing some ridiculous hockey and Crosby's season was looking in doubt.

I think the Art Ross is the least likely for him to win, as he always seems to go through a couple of stretches where he kind of sits back and doesn't put his foot forward offensively speaking. The Hart is possible, but he's going to have to finish Top 5 in scoring and not too far behind the leader. I'm guessing he only has a couple more chances for a season like that. Maybe a Parise on his wing could help the cause . Realistically i would never bet on him winning either of those awards. It'll take the type of season where he avoids any injury and everything goes just right. Possible, but not probable.

The Conn Smythe obviously depends completely on the teams' playoff success, but if Detroit were able to win another Cup here soon i'd imagine that Datsyuk would be the engine behind it.

And as far as the Selke goes, there's a good chance he'll win it this season (assuming he comes back within 3 weeks of the surgery). He'll probably be in the running for that award for at least a couple more seasons now with the way he plays.