View Single Post
Old
03-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
If your plan was to try to offend me, you haven't succeeded. Keep trying though.

I'll play your game because I feel like being nice today:
He's a good coach with the right mindset for hockey. He looked at the roster and went "Hmmm these boys aren't talented enough to wheel and deal. What they need is a responsible, hard fought north-south game." He doesn't coach the trap as good as Martin but I see that as a positive. He promotes physical play and backing each other up as well as forechecking. The good old "backcheck forecheck crosscheck."

And that's the right mindset to win hockey games to me. He'll learn the "Details" of being a good coach as he continues to be an NHL assistant coach and then head coach. Just like our other mighty fine ex-Montréal coaches.
I'm not sure of RC ever learning the fine details or becoming a true student of the game, just as I don't see him being a student of "french".

He is what he is and if that's what a GM is looking for in a coach, he's their guy.

When all you've got is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Fine carpentry, not so much.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote