View Single Post
Old
03-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

vCash: 3289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Cooper View Post
I don't think I've ever seen a band more than three times, but I've seen Titus three times in the last year! Living in Jersey certainly doesn't hurt for that. I saw them at a high school charity show at a VFW in the middle of suburban Jersey which was just flat out bizarre, saw them open for Okkervil River in Philadelphia and saw them at a festival at South Street Seaport in NYC. All amazing performances, and I have tickets to see them twice again in the next couple of months haha.

I think their first album is extremely under appreciated ("Arms Without Atrophy" one of my favorite songs of theirs), and The Monitor is one of the best albums I've heard in years. Excited for their new one that they are working on.
Haha we're the same person. Arms Without Atrophy is my favorite song on that album, but "My Time Outside the Womb" is a close second. For me, though, while the first album is sick, it's not even CLOSE to The Monitor.

Haha yeah living in NJ probably helps a ton. Dan McGee, referred to in A Pot in which to Piss and co-singer in Theme from Cheers is from Chapel Hill, but his band Spider Bags isn't nearly as good. Very much a country-y/indie band, which is an interesting sound, but all of their songs end up sounding like Theme from Cheers, which is a great song, but apparently it's very obviously stolen from Spider Bags.

So yeah, also the lead singer for Titus has a rare disorder called something like "picky-eater" disorder. Apparently he hasn't eaten more than like 20 different foods in his entire life... The more you know, eh?