View Single Post
Old
02-01-2006, 01:26 AM
mino65434

vCash: 500
Genius or utter mistake?

I'm sure this is all over this board, but I think giving the C to Derian Hatcher was a very good move. Iím glad the Flyers are finally ready to face the fact that Primeau may not come back this year (and possibly never play hockey again), and that they made a move accordingly. However, as much as I like the idea of moving on, and Iím happy with the fact that Hatcher has clearly had the impact Hitchcock would like on the players and the locker room, it kills me to see whatís happening to Keith Primeau. Iíll always remember the 2003-2004 playoffs, as the spectre of the upcoming lockout hung over every game, but Keith Primeau did not care. He merely put the team on his back and started one of the best runs in recent Flyers playoff history. That team wasnít the best Flyers team by any means; no one seriously expected them to make a Cup run at the start. However, no one expected Keith Primeau to take over the NHL, either. He worked his *** off that entire playoffs, throwing opposing defenders left and right, battling for the puck and almost willing it into the net. I know Iím young, but it was the most impressive on-ice performance Iíve ever seen. Even if he has played his last game in a Flyers uniform, and even if his career never reached the high expectations laid on him when he came into the league, Iíll never forget what he did that postseason. Itís one of the best memories I have as a Philadelphia sports fan, another example of why Iím proud to support these teams.

For more Flyers (and other Philadelphia teams, too) thoughts and opinions, www.kingmyno.com