View Single Post
Old
03-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Legendary

vCash: 3073
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Yeah, I'm sure it was bumped because they both totally suck at being interesting.

Stop buying into the WWE way of thinking that Randall K Horton and Cena types need to be involved to make a match between two perceived "non-sports entertainers" work. Those guys are going to have a great match. Thank god Boreton won't be involved, because that's always Vince's thinking that you have to get a big name and one of his favorites in the middle of it, and you know it would end with both getting RKO'd and that dbag with the belt AGAIN. Maybe the fact HHH likes Sheamus actually helped him out on this one.
I agree with everything you said. Looking back at my post I have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote it. My best guess is that I was thinking if you add Orton they might build up the match a bit more on TV. Right now with the Rock and Cena and Jericho Punk this match is getting less build right now then even Big show and Cody. When the WWE is more focused on the IC title the the HW there is a problem. I think there is a chance Bryan and Sheamus could have a show stealing match that will be far better than what Cena and Rock will offer and will most likely be just slightly less than what Punk and Jerricho will offer. Also part of my reasoning for including Orton is my hope they keep the title on Bryan a bit longer and a win over Orton would give him some credibility that has been destroyed with his coward heel gimmick with show and henry.

as for the bolded part a fully agree with that and I think part of the reason Bryan has held the title this long is partly due to the fact Bryan is a product of the Shawn Michaels school.