Thread: Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Canes
View Single Post
Old
03-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Was at the game last night. Sat right next to the Rangers press box, although the 3 guys up there (Callahan, Eminger, Woywitka) were at the opposite end of it from me, maybe 30ft away. Got to see Callahan scarfing down what looked like a bag of popcorn. He wasn't on crutches. Emmy came over and talked to some kids that got his attention. Didn't go over to him because he was mobbed. Also, I found it interesting that the guys don't jump up and celebrate goals when they're up there. Not a bad thing, just interesting.

The section next to mine was mostly drunken Rangers fans... with one row of drunken Hurricanes fans. Suffice it to say that sometime during the 3rd period, about 1/3rd of the section got thrown out of the arena. Almost as many 'Let's Go Rangers' chants as 'Let's Go Canes' chants that I could hear... aside from the drunken "Go Home Rangers' chants. Pretty entertaining evening overall.

As for the game itself... I don't know how well this translated on TV, but despite the score and shots being close to even... the Rangers were dominant on the puck and were very obviously the better team. Even my buddy who had never been to a live hockey game before and doesn't know really anything about the sport could tell.

Last edited by Tawnos: 03-02-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote