Thread: Speculation: 2012-2013 Sharks Roster analysis
View Single Post
Old
03-02-2012, 12:34 PM
hockeyball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
Who predicted we would trade for Winnik and Galiardi? Some wanted us to get Burns and I agreed that would be a great target, but never thought it would happen. I tend to have opinions on things that happen. Once in a great while I'll chime in on things that may happen, but mostly it's a waste of time. To say I "never" offer solutions is hyperbole.

Why would I offer a solution about coaching when I don't think that is our main problem? I think it's on the bottom of the list and I also think it is not going to happen next year regardless of this years outcome.

As far as the Cup? I think we have a shot if the team continues to play like last night, we get healthy and the new players gel.

I can't assess the results until, you know, it actually happens.

EDIT: Want some immediate ideas? Get White off the ice. Bang the cobwebs out of Clowes head. Get Couture, Murray and Havlat back on the ice. I give up on Marleau being consistent, so that's not worth mentioning
The difference here it seems is that you are an optimist, I am not. I don't think the Sharks have a shot in hell at a cup right now. I think, on paper, this roster should be able to get it done, but they are not.

Were the season over today, and the Sharks were done, and there were no more 'what if' arguments to be made... what do you say then? I'm simply saying that now.

I don't think Tmac is a terrible coach, he isn't. He's just average (maybe above average) but certainly not great. Is it possible he will get better? Absolutely, he's a very young coach. Do we have time to wait for that? It's a hell of a gamble. As others have said, at the very least, the team needs to bring in top end assistant coaches to help Todd. He has some good qualities (as Easy pointed out) but he is weak in fundamental tactics and team preparation.

I certainly hope I'm wrong, and the Sharks win the cup, but I literally can not picture that. I hope when we die we go to heaven too, but I don't believe that either.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote