View Single Post
Old
03-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Led Zappa
Steady As She Goes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
The difference here it seems is that you are an optimist, I am not. I don't think the Sharks have a shot in hell at a cup right now. I think, on paper, this roster should be able to get it done, but they are not.

Were the season over today, and the Sharks were done, and there were no more 'what if' arguments to be made... what do you say then? I'm simply saying that now.

I don't think Tmac is a terrible coach, he isn't. He's just average (maybe above average) but certainly not great. Is it possible he will get better? Absolutely, he's a very young coach. Do we have time to wait for that? It's a hell of a gamble. As others have said, at the very least, the team needs to bring in top end assistant coaches to help Todd. He has some good qualities (as Easy pointed out) but he is weak in fundamental tactics and team preparation.

I certainly hope I'm wrong, and the Sharks win the cup, but I literally can not picture that. I hope when we die we go to heaven too, but I don't believe that either.
And you and others blamed the assistants for the PK. I said it was a system decision made by DW and Todd. They changed it and the problem was solved. I am not convinced it's an assistant coach problem, but I don't think they are as important as you and others seem to think, therefore I am obviously not opposed to changing them, since it likely won't make a big difference. Unless of course they don't gel with Tmac. That could cause problems.

If the season ended today I would say we waited to long to make deadline trade deals. I would say we were too injured. I would say the team lost confidence in their game at exactly the wrong time.

Sorry, but I've seen what this team is capable of and losing right now is more on them than the system or the coaches that employ it. The teams fate lies mostly with the players and the hockey gods at this point.

Thereís a lot of things wrong with this country, but one of the few things still right with it is that a man can steer clear of the organized ******** if he really wants to. Itís a goddamned luxury, and if I were you, Iíd take advantage of it while you can.
-- Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Led Zappa is online now   Reply With Quote