Thread: Speculation: 2012-2013 Sharks Roster analysis
View Single Post
Old
03-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Gilligans Island

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
The difference here it seems is that you are an optimist, I am not. I don't think the Sharks have a shot in hell at a cup right now. I think, on paper, this roster should be able to get it done, but they are not.

Were the season over today, and the Sharks were done, and there were no more 'what if' arguments to be made... what do you say then? I'm simply saying that now.

I don't think Tmac is a terrible coach, he isn't. He's just average (maybe above average) but certainly not great. Is it possible he will get better? Absolutely, he's a very young coach. Do we have time to wait for that? It's a hell of a gamble. As others have said, at the very least, the team needs to bring in top end assistant coaches to help Todd. He has some good qualities (as Easy pointed out) but he is weak in fundamental tactics and team preparation.

I certainly hope I'm wrong, and the Sharks win the cup, but I literally can not picture that. I hope when we die we go to heaven too, but I don't believe that either.
Man, you're a buzzkill! Let them play the season out. We're all frustrated b/c we can see a better outcome but to react in such an absolute, definitive and negative way is extreme. The Sharks have shown many positive signs the past couple games, even with significant injuries, that that's encouraging.

I say it'd be easier on your head if you just eased up and let them play. Who knows, they may surprise you. But maybe you're just preparing yourself for the worst.

Anyhow, you keep saying fire TMac. Why don't you take it a step further and suggest some alternatives? Just saying Fire the Coach without suggesting a plan (i.e., candidates) is sort of the same as trying to call LZ out for not offering "anything constructive".

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote