View Single Post
Old
03-02-2012, 02:51 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
But there is no way of knowing that. Maybe it will be a draft with only 2 superstar talents on Grigs and Yakupov and the rest will be just decent NHL'ers. Do people seriously think Dumba, Murray or Trouba have Norris potential? I highly doubt that. Galchenyuk might turn out the third best player in the draft and become elite as well, but that's about it. Forsberg did well in the WJC but his team is in the second tier and he's not a world breaker or anything, I wouldn't set my sights on him either we need a franchise player not an other MPS.
Noones saying those guys have blue chip Norris potential, if they did they'd be in the mix to go #1 overall. But all three guys look like blue chip top pairing guys, and blue chip top pairing guys are generally top 5 picks any year.

Bottom line is we don't really know anythign, so much hinges on post draft development and that aspect doesn't transpire until after the draft obviously. But heading into the draft, I consider this a good draft to have a #5 pick...