View Single Post
Old
03-02-2012, 03:58 PM
JT Kreider

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
I live in New York, watch a lot of Rangers games, and it's very likely that the Rangers are playing over their heads. The Rangers success has a lot to do with a very weak east, so don't pretend like the Rangers are signficantly better than in years past.

Crosby out. Boston is banged up. Caps, Habs, and Sabres collapsed. I mean the Leafs were even challenging for a playoffs spot for a while, that's how weak the east is.

Rangers might make it to the finals, or they could be one great opposing checking line from being knocked out in the 1st round.
RE bold number #1: Based on what?

The fact that they play to their strengths?

Play with a strong commitment to defense and supporting their best player in net?

Lead all NHL teams in hits?

Lead all NHL teams in blocked shots?

(edit: not sure if they actually lead NHL in those categories, but I remember reading earlier they were near tops in both.)

To me, thats called, "playoff hockey".

To say the Rangers are playing over their heads is about as big of an assumption as I've ever seen.

If anything we havent seen the best of this Rangers team.

Once/if Dubinsky and Richards (both proven playoff performers), get their heads out of their *****, you'll see an even deeper offensive group.

As Staal continues to find his game, he can cut into McDonagh and Girardis minutes. That gives us 3 top defenders who are ready to log 25+ minutes, at the minimum.

Finally, our PP has been beyond disastrous.

Once/if Torts can figure wtf is going on there, thats just another boost.

RE bold number #2: The Bruins won the Cup while Crosby and Malkin were out, are we going to discredit their success as well?

Last edited by JT Kreider: 03-02-2012 at 04:04 PM.