Old
03-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Holden Caulfield
Global Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
If Quick wants $7 million per, would you give it to him?

I personally wouldn't and would look to move him and give Bernier his shot. I wouldn't go above 4 years either, unless it was for a low cap hit. 7+ years at $7 million? No thanks.
Didn't say I would go either way. Simply stating the tandem AS IS, cannot stay together past next season, it will simply not work off the ice. It will create real problems in the dressing room, something you cannot afford.

On the Quick front, 7 million is too much for any goalie, IMO. I am not too concerned about a 5-6-7 year term, if the average is solid. No 12 year Luongo fiasco's but having Quick locked up long term at 4.5-5.5 million is fine by me. I go with the proven talent every day, but there is alot of work to be done before a final decision right now. DL will know the mood of the locker room (huge for goaltending), he'll know what kind of person Quick is, what Quick is looking for in a deal, and a bunch of other factors. Right now I am content that the Kings can throw either goalie out and be confident in them, this off-season and going into next year is when to focus on this.

Who knows, maybe Quick is a world beater in this playoffs (if Kings make it), maybe Quick falters and Bernier steps up and is huge in playoffs. Maybe they both flop, we will see.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote