Thread: Speculation: 2012-2013 Sharks Roster analysis
View Single Post
Old
03-02-2012, 07:41 PM
glasgow26

vCash: 500
Lots of unrealistic ideas in here, but hey, we can dream. Just a few things I want to say:

Handzus won't be bought out. DW never does this and Handzus is only signed for another year. He'll be a Shark next season.

Boyle won't be traded. By far our best puck moving defenseman, our only legitimate power play quarterback and one of this club's leaders. A fierce competitor and exactly the kind of guy you want on your team in the playoffs. DW would be crazy to trade him this summer.

We're not getting Ryan Suter. Not only can we not afford him, but I don't see him coming out West. I think he either stays in Nashville or goes to a hockey market in the Eastern Conference.

DW won't get a 2nd round pick for Wingels. Why the hell would any team do that trade? If an established, two-way center with grit, playoff experience and high-end PK skills (Moore) only costs a 2nd, why would a young, inexperienced winger with limited offensive potential net us a 2nd rounder? Wingels won't be moved, and if he is, it'll be for a late pick.

Havlat won't be traded. His value will be at an all-time low this offseason considering he missed most of this year. Plus he has an NTC and hasn't really had a chance to show what he can do here. He'll be in teal for at least another year.

Just my thoughts. Realistically, I can see DW signing Brad Stuart and going after a goalie if Niemi continues to play poorly.

glasgow26 is offline   Reply With Quote