View Single Post
Old
02-02-2006, 12:41 AM
Stars-Preds

vCash: 500
I was at the game tonight in Dallas (Section 104, Row C, three rows from Vokoun and the Preds!!!!) and I have to say I left very disappointed. It was my first chance to see the Preds play live in two plus years and they forgot to show up. I'm not quite as gloom-and-doom as others here, but this was a forgettable game. Hopefully the players simply move on and forget about this one. Some notes from this one:

1) We really need someone to help PK out offensively. He's the only one who seems to create his own scoring chances.

2) The Sullivan-Silly-Walker line looked pretty good. They had a few chances and looked fairly comfortable out there. Silly lived up to the billing as a good face-off guy and I think this line could eventually give us a boost.

3) Note to Trotz: Allison is horrible. Please never put him in the lineup again.

4) The Scott Nichol hit was very disturbing. Trevor Daley - a rookie defenseman with a reputation as a clean player - hit Nichol innocently enough but Nichol was in the process of slipping awkwardly and nailed the boards very very dangerously. All the reports from Dallas were that he went to the hospital but had feeling in his arms and legs. Very scary situation, but it sounds like he will be OK.

5) The sad thing about tonight's game is it was so winnable. Outside of Marty Turco's solid play, the Stars played a very ordinary game tonight. We didn't take advantage of the 5 minute power play and constanly killed our own momentum.

... I will be at the game next Monday too and hopefully the Preds will actually play in that game.