Five Reasons to be Stoked for Next Season
View Single Post
03-03-2012, 04:10 AM
Join Date: Apr 2004
Originally Posted by
1. The Habs are getting bigger and tougher and this trend will continue.
2. The team is always about 20% better with Markov in the lineup, not to mention that Gionta will be back.
3. Subban will put the sophmore slump behind him.
4. Emelin, Eller and Weber (IMO) are coming into their own.
5. The Ghost or his successor will have cap room and a top 5 pick in this years draft.
Exactly a year ago people in Ottawa were ready to throw Bryan Murray into the abyss, and now he's a genius. Kuba and Gonchar were millstones and Spezza should have been traded. Exactly a year ago Yzerman and Boucher were geniuses, and now they have to rebuid. People lose sight of how narrow the gap is between the top and the bottom of the conference. We're not that far away and have lots of good pieces in place. Can't wait for next year.
Unless we draft Yakupov, what is very unlikely, the guy we are going to draft wont play with the Habs next year..
We have alot of holes in our roster for next year, we will see what they do on the UFAs market but Im not fixing my hopes too high.. I think we could suck for another year, then it will get better with the new wave of kids coming..
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by NewHabsEra*