View Single Post
Old
03-03-2012, 07:08 AM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
The not scientifically accurate but interesting nonetheless ESPN SportsNation poll:

How should the Saints be punished for maintaining a "bounty" program from 2009-11?
Fine: 14%
Suspensions: 6%
Forfeiture of draft picks: 11%
All of the above: 55%
None of the above: 15%
TOTAL VOTES: 108,817

The individual states breakdown showed Louisiana voting 31% for a fine, 31% for none of the above, and 28% for all of the above.
Considering the responses of some of the Saint fans in this thread, I'm not terribly surprised. But no, we're all just "haters", despite literally everyone in the media calling this a huge deal where the Saints will likely have the book on thrown at them.

Sorry your team got caught, and I don't disagree that it does happen league-wide but that's not the point. There are mountains of evidence on the the fact that it was an organization-sanctioned program. If they had this type of evidence on other teams, everyone would feel the exact same way, and I'm sure the league would react the exact same way. It doesn't make anyone a hater to expect a spygate type penalty, or worse. This doesn't just affect the outcomes of games. This affects peoples careers, health and lives. It's one thing to play hard and it's entirely another to want to make someone have health problems for the rest of their life. Those aren't football playing robots under those helmets, those are real human beings. Too often people forget that.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote