View Single Post
Old
03-03-2012, 11:02 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Yep, he might be a 100 points player. He might break Gretzky record also who knows.

It's more likely not to happen.
I know you're a big fan of him. I know you're also a big fan of the Remparts. But just try and be realistic and put your emotions aside.

Hard-worker side board eating machine/forechecking machine are what this teams need. Its what any teams needs over talent.
There's many example of this in the NHL . Nikita Filatov, Burmistov and others are all super talented and to an extreme. But they lack the drive to make it happen really... I loved every second of Andrei Kostitsyn play here...But was he the hardest worker ?(not taking this year in count cause he was pretty much one of the hardest worker...)

Oh and FYI Andrei Kostitsyn was also a training freak...
A lot of people said John Tavares lacked the 'drive' you're talking about. Matt Duchene was the hard worker and he became the #1 prospect for a lot of people.

Same thing with Couturier... even Taylor Hall.

Every case is unique... you can't compare Grigorenko with Kostitsyn, Filatov or Burmistrov.

What I know about Grigorenko is that everybody playing with him, coaching him or even the media have only praises for him.

I see him as a future 80-90 pts 1st line center... but if I'm wrong I won't be afraid to say so. I wouldn't mind adding Yakupov, Galchenyuk or Forsberg. But if Habs don't add one of the four or prefer a lesser forward or a defenseman to Grigorenko, I'll be very disappointed, not because I like Grigs, but because he's the kind of center they need.