View Single Post
Old
03-03-2012, 11:28 AM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
With a very compressed schedule down the stretch does any one beside me feel we kinda blew it not picking up any depth players beyond John Scott at the deadline . Who is the next call up in case of injury ? Couldn't we use to give some players a rest down the stretch ? Feds def comes to mind as he's been banged up and looking old , slow and brutal lately .
We definitely didn't blow it by not overpaying for ANYONE.

That said, however there could have been more addition by subtraction. Buh-bye to Wolski not enough. If SJ etc was going to give bupkus for Avery but get him off our roster, we should have done it.

I now have GAGLine correctly reminding me we have 49 contracts out of 50, the last on wait + see for Kreider this year --- so no reason not to move Avery.

Should have moved Zuc. Defense aside, MZA does not have enough foot speed to create separation to be offensive threat. Somebody takes him 4th line checking and for shootout, we're better off with the space.

Depth is useful, of course, and we needn't spread the D corp too thin; but could we have dealt any 2 or 3 out of
Woywitka
Eminger
Stralman
plus some throw-in, and upgraded 1 D or 1 F position?

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote