Thread: WCHA Thread
View Single Post
Old
03-03-2012, 11:39 AM
RabidBadger

vCash: 500
SO with the WCHA as we know it coming to an end I thought I'd weigh in on the chances of the conference bringing home another championship before the big split. The CCHA is the probably the most competitive conference from top to bottom, but I'm thinking only the usual suspects of Miami and Michigan will be a real force this spring (Sparty could be a surprise FF showing).

Who may take it all:

Minnesota- This team will be sick if they keep everyone on board. Yes the Goophs are worth hating again thanks to the return of John Hill. There hasn't been many setbacks aside from a sweep at the hands of DU. they need to finish strong against Bucky tonight to get some momentum. Youth may be a problem but talent-wise they're stacked as anyone in the NCAA.

DU- I picked them to win the MacNaughton even without Sam Brittian. I think these guys are really reching there potential now, they just have to get over the post season chokes that have plagued them the past several seasons. They looked good pasting BC earlier in the season.

Duluth- They're playing better now than they did last year coming into the post season. Sandelin is coach of the year in my book getting so many guys to step up. they have the same formula as last year; high end scorers, mobile D and solid goaltending with speed at every position....I'm picking them for another FF.

NoDak- They're getting stronger at the end of the season in true Hak-stolian fashion. The talent is there, they just have to not shoot themselves in the foot and self destruct at the worst possible times. Scoring depth is a problem, someone aside from Rowney needs to step up.

CC- They're sitting in the same spot Duluth was last year and have a very similar composition to that Champion Dawg team. They've been sputtering lately but if they recoup they can make some noise.

My FF picks: Miami, Duluth, BC (can't bet against those schmoes)...and someone else. I'll get back to ya at bracket time. Cheers!

RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote