View Single Post
Old
03-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I love Plekanec, I don't want him to leave. But when your #1 centreman is a 5'6 undrafted player, there's a problem. But even with his great season, Desharnais probably has low value.

I think the best bet is to try and package Plekanec for a better centreman, and push Desharnais and Eller down on the depth chart to #2 and #3. Leblanc can stay on the wing and move to centre if there is an injury. The new drafted player can take his time and progress.
I also think you trade Plekanec. If you aren't going to give him quality wingers and top line ice time, his desire to get out of dodge city will only intensify.

This passive/aggressive way to treat players - SK, AK, Spacek and Gomez has to stop. If management can't find a way to utilize Plekanec, then just trade him. It's time for management to make some pro-active decisions in the off-season.

If we draft a top centre in this draft, whenever the player drafted is ready for top 6 duty, either DD or Eller moves to wing or we should trade one of them, also.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote