View Single Post
Old
03-03-2012, 02:56 PM
MooseheadCanadiens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
I've been following Drouin since his days with the Lions and at the Telus Cup. His transition to the QMJHL has been great so far if we're evaluating him on his offensive game. However, his defensive game needs a lot of work, sometimes he seems lost when he doesn't have the puck. There's something I don't like about him, it's that he's on the same team as MacKinnon. When he's on the powerplay, it's either he makes the play to MacKinnon, or all the other teamates give the puck to MacKinnon as if they were so intimated with MacKinnon. Drouin has an extreme vision and high hockey IQ, and his size may not be an issue right now, but as for next year and for his career in the NHL, he has to grow a little more and add more size. He could have a growth spurt or if he reaches the same height and weight as Huberdeau, I can see him being a very high draft pick next year. If we compare his hockey sense with MacKinnon and Duclair, I would say Drouin is a much more cerebral player.
Thanks for the insight Jabba, I've seen him play in person 6 or 7 times this year for the Moose and I agree with your evaluation. He is a very cerebral player, relying on his smarts rather then brute force. A very unselfish player, especially like you said when Mackinnon's around.
You're definitely right when you talk about his defensive abilities, quite a liability. I believe his plus minus is a -15 right now, but I would say his decision making will improve a lot next season with start in the Q.

MooseheadCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote