View Single Post
Old
03-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
I also think a lot of that could change atm, depending on how they develop. (...) I'm not saying Ryan isn't either, but it's too early to write off that he'll be better then some players like Johnson, Turris, JVR, and Alzer.
Sure, that's always a possibility. But as you said, Ryan isn't necessarily a finished product himself, so we can only constitute who he should rightfully be considered ahead of at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Bolded ones are the ones I disagree with. I'd take Kessel over Ryan anyday, EJ has been a beast since January, and Staal is worth just as much as Ryan.
This is the first year that Kessel has something substantial over Ryan - I see an argument that can be made, but it should not be as night/day. On EJ, your words say it best - "since January". That really should not make up for the past years in which Ryan was long ways ahead. I also disagree about Staal, and I think the consensus would still be Ryan being more valuable in a vacuum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
How about Kuznetsov (might be the top prospect not currently in the NHL) + Schultz (one of BB's favorites) + Ward (more of a capmove but really solid defensively and has been clutch in the playoffs before) + the lesser of Caps 1st rounders (likely 15th-20th, could be used to move up a spot in the draft if wanted to).
Not much need for or interest in Schultz or Ward, who both make too much money for the Ducks' budget for what they would add to the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOHitter87 View Post
What do u think Krejci for Ryan. Boston has ton of talent in the middle, and they need someone who can finish .Seguin has already said he wants to play center. Its proble one of the best deals help both teams the Ducks get a number 2 center to go with Getzlaf,and boston gets a winger to go with Seguin.
Well, this basis for a proposal is a classic already. Neither side is completely against it. There always seems to be a consensus that Boston would have to add something, and that tends to be where things fall through in these threads.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote