View Single Post
Old
03-03-2012, 09:25 PM
h22prelude93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by letmesleep View Post
Everyone that is surprised that we got a 2nd round pick is looking at this all wrong. He is definitely worth a 2nd pick.

First off, his original value was a 3rd round pick (that's where we drafted him). Now, he has obviously developed well and is ready for NHL action. That's definitely worth a 2nd round pick that may or may not pan out. That much is obvious.

But of course you ask "well why didn't they just wait to sign him in the offseason?" The fact of the matter is everybody knew he would be traded and signed before the offseason. The Blues knew they were going to trade his rights and I'm sure it was well known that Bishop would sign anywhere he was traded as long as he was given a one way contract. So if you wanted Bishop, you were gonna have to trade for him.
Exactly. It does make sense. He was either going to be traded at the deadline or at the draft, but there was absolutely no reason to just let him walk a free agent. I actually figured he would be traded before the deadline, but I think this shows that they had a ton of teams interested in him and had their sights set on that 2nd round pick. I think it was a very fair trade for both sides and I wish him the best.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote