View Single Post
Old
03-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Nothing. The problem is that fans are insane. Among other things, but I don't wanna get a Flaming infraction.
Tell me about it! One of the top 2 way centers in the league who, in a "bad" year is still on pace to break 50 points, has scored 20+ goals in all 5 seasons he has played a full season (although it doesn't look like he will break the 20 mark this year), and is an important p[iece of one of the absolute best power plays in the NHL, is suddenly not worth a mid 1st and a prospect?!?!? Does that mean Getzlaf is worth the same since he is on a similar pace as Plekanec?

A bad season is just that. I'm guessing some of the Habs fans who are trying to sell Plekanec on the cheap due to a bad season would have given him away for a second when he had that 39 point season.

Please, Plekanec is easily worth a 1st and a great prospect. Caps fans don't want to give certain prospects, and I get that, but to get Plekanec, be real. One of your 1sts and Johansson would be necessary (probably your later 1st, to be honest.). We do not need a winger who lacks size, like Galiev. We need a big replacement center for Plekanec. Put Plekanec behind a healthy Backstrom and the Caps would singing with joy for the duration of his contract. Plekanec is, unfortunately, exactly what the Caps need...as long as they have Backstrom in the #1 slot. That is why the trade shouldn't have been done at the deadline and is something the Caps should look at if Backstrom returns. If Backstrom is unable to return, then the Caps keep Johansson and try to trade up in the draft and get another top rookie center.

However, to get Plekanec, be prepared to give up something that makes you think twice and say ouch, because that is what Habs fans do when Plekanec is offered in a fair deal.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote